E-books @ MSMC
EBSCO's ebook app--more information available here
eBooks can be read online
EBooks can be read online!
The EBSCO eBooks app enables downloading of EBSCO eBooks to your mobile devices.
use the eBook Viewer by clicking
In the column on the right are the eBook Viewer Tools, where there are options to share, save, and export:
These tools include:
- Magnifying glass icon - Search for items in the eBook
- Note icon - Make notes about a page or the entire eBook and save them to your personal folder. Notes can only be saved if you are signed into your My EBSCOhost account.
- Dictionary icon - Look up words in the eBook while you are reading.
- Citation icon - Generate a citation for your eBook in your desired citation style.
having trouble reading EBSCO ebooks?
Try these steps if you are having issues:
- Choose Sign In and then Create an Adobe ID.
- Go to Adobe digital editions and create an Adobe account (free).
- For Android phones and devices, download Aldiko reader, login with your Adobe ID.
- For Apple/IOS phones and devices, download Bluefire reader, login with your Adobe ID (Bluefire is available for Android, but doesn't work very well)
EBSCO ebooks tutorial
E-books make it easy!
Whether you read on-screen or prefer to print, browse tables of contents or search for keywords in full text, our versatile collections make embracing ebooks easy!
Explore one of our subscription collections listed at the left, or scroll down to learn how to find ebooks in our catalog.
You can search for just ebooks in the library's catalog. First, click on the link to Advanced Search on the library's catalog:
Then select ebook from the drop-down menu, enter your search term, and click the Submit button.
A listing of just ebooks that match your search term appears. Click on title link to veiw details:
A link to the ebook appears in the detailed information: Click on the link to view the ebook
An ebook from EBSCO will appear like this:
Ebooks from other sources may appear slightly different, such as: